As we all know Future Work (and it may look different for every company) is getting more and more important these days.
With the possibility of working from anywhere, topics such as onboarding, mental health and well being, team building, as well as internal communication and HR come even more to the forefront.
There are many different tools on the market that serve different purposes and have different focuses.
In this mass of offers, it is often difficult to keep an overview. To help you bring light into the darkness, we have tested a few tools for you.
Tools for Mental Health, Well Being & Coaching
The topics of Mental Health and Well Being are becoming increasingly important. These two factors are indispensable for feeling well, making full use of one’s own abilities and being able to work productively.
In the sense of Future Work and the fact that a large part of meetings and get-togethers take place online and short personal interactions (e.g. in the coffee kitchen) are decreasing, special tools can help in time to avoid overlooking the topic.
Likeminded’s mission is to create a trustful safe space to talk about everyday challenges through open communication without fear of being judged.
The website offers different options to choose from: whether to get support in the form of one-to-one conversations, or conversations with like-minded people in the form of group exercises.
How does it work?
- Register and rate your mental health by taking the Likeminded well being check.
- Book your first Likeminded event and choose the format that suits you best and you feel the most comfortable with.
- As soon as you have chosen you can start with focusing on your mental health.
In case you are not sure if this is right for you, Likeminded offers a free testversion for 14 days.
NiloHelath offers mental health and well-being support for the whole team.
Similar to Likeminded, you can choose to work with psychologists, in group sessions, or through different self-guiding learning tools.
The 1:1 sessions with psychologists make it possible to talk about problems and concerns from anywhere. Matching is done through a predetermined process of needs and wants and takes less than 12 hours.
How does it work?
- The special feature of Nilo.Health is that it provides anonymous insights at regular intervals, showing which issues employees are most concerned about, the activation rate, but also informing them as soon as changes in the well-being of the team become noticeable.
- Nilo.Health offers individual support for every individual with highly qualified and experienced psychologists.
- You can also choose between many different options like 1:1 sessions, group sessions, meditations, journaling, mindfulness exercises and many more.
BetterUp is to be seen more as a holistic tool that supports organizational development and many leadership topics and thus also covers the parts of well-being and coaching.
BetterUp uses coaching, science and technology to shape better leaders, build more resilient teams and create sustainable business change.
How does it work?
- Every component of the BetterUp program, from personalized coaching to portioned learning content and sound feedback, is individual and tailored to your needs.
- It starts with a self-assessment – the result paints a pretty accurate picture of how you present yourself at work and in life.
- Based on the results, the AI automatically suggests 3 coaches who best fit the needs and goals. The coach chosen should be the one with whom you feel most comfortable.
- Make an appointment with your chosen coach and off you go!
CoachHub is probably the most well-known platform when it comes to coaching, development and well-being.
With its in-house Coaching Lab, the company develops coaching strategies according to the most current scientific standards.
In addition to Performance & Talent, Well-Being & Resilience, Organizational Development, Diversity & Inclusion and Executive Coaching are covered. In this way, CoachHub offers a holistic all-round coaching service in which the sessions are individually tailored to the needs and requirements of each individual.
Tools for Team Building & HR
Especially in times of remote work, workation and home, topics such as team building, onboarding and HR in general suddenly pose an even greater challenge. However, since these areas contribute significantly to a healthy corporate culture, there are also some tools to support this.
Bonrepublic is a talent management platform that helps companies motivate, develop and retain their employees. It makes it easier for Managers, Leaders and decision makers to drive goal achievements, identify competency gaps and make data-driven decisions.
How does it work?
The software offers features for the following topics:
- Recognition & Engagement
- Goals & OKRs
- Performance Reviews
- Social Hub
Bonrepublic also offers the possibility to activate each feature individually and independently.
HiBob has set itself the goal of supporting start-ups in the complexity of future work and rapid growth with its HR solution, using agile technologies.
How does it work?
- The software mainly supports topics such as the company’s own HR overview, organizational chart, automated workflows, docs management and people analytics.
- The overview provides a quick insight into all critical issues such as sick leave, holidays, home office, travel, etc. The overview provides a quick insight into all critical issues such as sick leave, holidays, home office, travel, etc.
- This makes it possible to see at a glance who from the team is available (online or face-to-face) or who is currently out of the office. It is also possible to welcome new employees and make announcements. It provides all HR company news in one place.
- It offers support and solutions in the areas of culture, HR automation, diversity, time management, but also performance management and integration.
WellBeing Warrior supports companies and teams, especially with the component of remote working, in onboarding, getting to know each other across teams, learning from each other and sharing as well as consolidating and implementing the corporate culture.
You can have individual features like onboarding coffee breaks, lunch roulette, ask the CEO and many others.
The main focus here is really on promoting exchange between employees and creating a uniform corporate culture despite home office and remote work and avoiding silos.
Tools for Management and internal communication
Last but not least, we have all faced the challenge of managing an (at least partially) remote working team or communicating internal news quickly and on time.
In times when everything was done exclusively in the office, this was even easier, but there are now also a number of tools on the market serving a purpose.
Miro is an online whiteboard that allows teams to brainstorm, brainstorm, innovate and create together in real time from anywhere.
Another special feature of Miro is that it can be connected with over 100 other tools such as Slack, Google Docs, etc. and thus enables comprehensive online collaboration.
From brainstorming to meetings & workshops to agile / scrum workshops but also strategic planning, Miro can cover everything and is suitable for all teams – product management, consultants, developers, HR, etc.
Furthermore, a ready-made template is offered to facilitate the work even more and to be able to focus on the essential topics.
Figma is dedicated to UI/UX and product development and supports all teams involved in the process to develop product solutions quickly & effectively.
This allows all employees to be quickly involved in the design process and benefit from flexible control.
In addition to Figma, which is primarily dedicated to the topics of design, prototyping and design systems, FigJam will also be on offer.
This is a whiteboard that provides special support for design processes and team meetings.
Slack & Notion
Two of the most widely used tools in the StartUp world are Slack and Notion. For this reason, they should not be missing from this article.
Slack is not only a communication tool that allows quick and easy exchange within teams, but also the integration of all tools & apps to work collectively in one place.
Notion is a platform that enables uncomplicated knowledge and information exchange as well as document storage, thus providing a space in which interactive exchange can easily take place and to which everyone can have access.
In this great flood of good offers, it is often difficult to choose the right choice for the needs and requirements of the company, but also of the employees.
The good thing is that all platforms offer free trials – most of them run for 14 days – and allow you to get a good insight and test the product.
In addition, as it is usual with Future Work and agile working, the principle of trial and error also applies here.
There is also the possibility that a tool that has served the company well for a long time is suddenly no longer suitable due to growth and changes in the framework conditions. Like so much in the start-up world, this is also very dynamic and should be reviewed at regular intervals.